Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Transplant News

There is always a roller coaster ride when you wait for a transplant. I got a call today saying there is a living "good samaritan" donor - that is someone with no connection to a recipient, they just want to do something good in the world.

She matches David.

I am registered to be paired donor, a new program in the US that only a few hospitals participate in right now. I have to go spend the day at the hospital on Friday, to have all of my body systems checked out. If I am healthy enough, they will schedule the surgery (surgeries) by or around April lst.

Some results will be ready on Friday, but some not until Monday or so. Will post as soon as I get the full report.

2 comments:

JP2E said...

GREAT NEWS!!!!
Tucker is praying for all of you! Best wishes for the tests and the surgery, we will be waiting to hear any and all results.
BTW - I have been donating blood and platelets every 8 weeks to help build up reserves for the needed surgeries here. I don't know that it is any help out there, but I like to believe that the more we all give the easier it gets everywhere...

Sue said...

This is fabulous news! We are thrilled.